Web maps as a tool for a better understanding of urban heat island
While we keep supporting communities by creating land surface temperature maps on demand, we now choose to deliver an improved self-service tool facilitating their understanding of how the urban heat islands are distributed over their own territory.
Web maps are easy to distribute, while helping to save natural resources like paper and ink and allow everybody that is interested in this problematic to have an easy overview of the present situation.
Library of Land Surface Temperature maps*
Landsat 8, Band 10 (Date acquired = 2019-07-17, Scene center time = "18:28:17.0417280Z") Local Time = "11:28AM"
Landsat 8, Band 10 (Date acquired = 2019-06-14, Scene center time = "05:42:27.3880510Z") Local Time = "10:42PM"
Landsat 8, Band 10 (Date acquired = 2018-07-19, Scene center time = "15:25:54.7332690Z") Local Time = "11:25AM"
Landsat 8, Band 10 (Date acquired = 2019-06-29, Scene center time = "10:22:59.0000269Z") Local Time = "12:22AM"
Landsat 8, Band 10 (Date acquired = 2019-07-01, Scene center time = "18:28:14.4139490Z") Local Time = "11:28AM"
*all temperatures are in degrees Celsius
- Select a map by clicking on a button above
- A new browser window with a map will automatically open
- Hover up with your mouse pointing over the area of your interested
- Temperature will be displayed as a popup automatically
- Toggle a layer on and then off by clicking the box on the right pane (legend)
- All the maps have been created by Camilo Perez Arrau (www.australgis.com).
- If you are interested in having more information about my work as a GIS expert, send me a request to email@example.com
Urban heat islands maps has been requested to us by communities since the year 2006.
While we have always offered our help as a volunteers, the time we dedicate to these map developments is something to consider.
Your monetary help would be used for paying our web site and internet domain as well as an incentive to develop better maps for the people who need them while defending their right to living in a healthy environment.